Points Of Interest
One of the fun things to do if you decide to do some sight seeing is to start driving (remember… drive on the left) and just stop as the spirit moves you. If you feel a bit more structured or just want to make sure you visit some of the more well known spots then here is some information on places you may want to visit while on vacation:
• Point Udall is the farthest eastern point of the United States. The views from this monument are breathtaking.
• Norma’s Mt. Pellier Domino Club is in the rainforest. While a bit out of the way, it is home to he world famous Beer Drinking Pigs. Stop and have a cool one or for those looking for a sense of adventure… a shot of Norma’s homemade herbed rum called Mamajuana.
• Fort Christiansvaern Fort Complex is located in Christiansted overlooking the Bay. A unique tour of how both commerce was operated and what it was like to a soldier a couple of hundred years ago! And while your there take a walk down the Boardwalk and visit some of the shops and restaurants there.
• Beaches, Beaches, Beaches are all public and absolutely beautiful. Take a drive and just stop along the road, or set your destination. Try Cane Bay, Carambola, and Rainbow Beach, or check out the less traveled spots, like the hike to the beach at Jack and Isaac’s.
• The Frederiksted Pier and Front Street is quite a wonderful experience as you walk along the oceanfront street and then down the pier which once served the numerous cruise ships that visited the island.
• Divi Carina Bay Casino is the place to visit if your feeling lucky as part of your island experience.
• The Cruzan Rum Factory has been producing its world famous product on St. Croix since 1760. A very interesting tour is followed up with samples as you leave.
You will find the restaurants scattered around your journey to be many and varied in the type of food offered! Here is a list of places to see and eat as recommended by others who have come before you.
• The Bistro in Gallows Bay and the friendly staff offers a convenient and unique dining experience with great service, great food, great coffees and great drinks. Be sure to check them out!
• Angry Nate’s on the Boardwalk has a wide variety of fresh American fare with a Caribbean twist and you will probably want to try since it seems to be on everyone’s favorite list.
• The Bombay Club is located in Christiansted on King Street and offers up some of the best food “specials” for both Lunch and Dinner. The “cavern like” setting is also very unique!
• The Blue Moon is located in Frederiksted just across from the Frederiksted Pier and offers up some of the best Cajun food you will ever taste. Reservations are recommended.
• Villa Morales is a family owned restaurant that serves up some tasty home cooking. It’s located just before Frederiksted and a little out of the way. Call and get directions if you decide to take in this little gem, and make sure you try the johnnycake!
• The Lost Dog is also in Frederiksted just up from the pier. They have great pizza, but expect to wait.
• Turtles Deli is in Frederiksted on the east side of town on the water. Enjoy awesome sandwiches right on the beach.
• Breezes offers up a varied menu of tasty food as you relax while gazing out at the blue green.
• Fort Christiansted Brew Pub is located on the Boardwalk in Christiansted and offers freshly brewed beer along with a tasty casual menu.
• Rum Runners, also located on the Boardwalk in Christiansted offers a varied and casual menu. Be sure to show off your tan to your friends and family at the live web cam… quite interesting!
• No Bones Café has great NY Strip and Delmonico steaks. This local hangout is found in Gallow’s Bay, with a relaxed friendly atmosphere, and good food.
• La Reine Chicken Shack Experience islands culture and enjoy the best barbeque on St. Croix. This restaurant serves a wide variety of local foods.